Sunday, August 28, 2011

Hurricane Irene Aftermath

New Jersey gave me a fond farewell during my last weekend as a NJ resident. It is currently 5:00pm on Sunday and we are about to experience the tail end of Hurricane Irene. It'll just be some minor wind and rain for a couple of hours, but I'm sure it's the last thing the communities that flooded overnight will want.

We're staying at my parent's house in the interim between moves, and their town went mostly unscathed. Aside from some trees coming down, and power being out for half a day, we fared extremely well compared to some other places in the NYC area.

However, J and I like to keep a sense of humor about about things, so we had a fun time taking photos of all the damage incurred on my parent's street...

There were dirty BMW's...
 
...and rogue leaves everywhere.
 
There was epic flooding...
 
...but luckily the neighborhood's witch problem was solved.


No comments:

Post a Comment