Saturday, January 4, 2014

2014: [Hopefully] New Beginnings

Is it safe to come out now? Is 2013 over? What a year... I'm not one to dwell on the negatives, but sheesh. This one was rough.
 
Let's recap the more trying parts of last year:
  • My father passed away suddenly in February
  • I was in a car accident after getting hit by a woman too busy texting to pay attention
  • Our A/C drain pipe overflowed in the attic damaging four rooms
  • Our new dishwasher was improperly installed by Home Depot and ruined our kitchen
  • Scout, our corgi, passed away shortly after his 14th birthday
Written out in a list, I'm sure it doesn't seem like that much, but it's been hard... Incredibly hard. Of course, we also had positive and fun experiences last year as well. To name a few:
  • Our trip to San Antonio
  • Getting our new patio and majorly renovating our yard
  • Going on the field before the only game the Texans won this year (thanks BMW!), and then watching the game from awesome club level seats
  • J got to go to the BMW Performance Driving School in SC
  • We watched a Rockets game from court side seats, and got spoiled by club level amenities again
Granted, (to me) the negatives overshadowed a lot of the positives this year, so I've definitely been looking forward to 2014. I'm praying, and hoping, and wishing that we shake off 2013 and have a great year. Of course I know that nothing can be perfect, but a little less emotional trauma and a little more good luck would really be fantastic.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment