Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Moving

Moving is hard. Anyone that says otherwise is either a liar, or someone that can afford to pay people to pack, move, unpack and take care all the other billion moving-related details for them. Moving is even harder when relocating halfway across the country. Actually, that last sentence makes what I'm doing seem extra crazy...

Halfway. Across. The Country. What?! Have I really become one of those adventurous people that I always envied? You know the people that I'm talking about... The ones who pick up their lives, leave everything they know, follow their dreams and trust that their hearts will lead them in the right direction.

Actually, I guess that is me. After spending two and a half days driving from NJ to TX, I can safely say that we had an adventure. An adventure that ended with us turning a key to unlock the door of our new home, and then J carrying me over the threshold.

At present I have no TV, no phone, no internet, no furniture, no stuff, and most importantly... no J. He flew back to NJ the day after we arrived to finish up his last couple of weeks at work. So you can see why I've been MIA from my blog for a bit. I'll provide a more detailed post with plenty of pics after our internet is installed tomorrow. Until then, I'm going to get some sleep and hope I don't get carpal tunnel from typing this post on my iPhone.

 

2 comments:

  1. OMG! we are about to do the same... your post was like an "OK, I'm not the only one, and is not so crazy" (^_^) My hubby still has his doubts, specially about the cost of the move (and about from NYC guy to cowboy TX image in his head) my company will not cover relocation and he does not have a job there YET (writing that with hope) if you could advise me, e-mail me back about it, I will greatly, extremely appreciate it!! thanks :)
    att, Jersey cowgirl-wannabe

    ReplyDelete
  2. You definitely won't be the only northern transplant down here. The Houston area is quite diverse... More so than other areas of Texas. We absolutely love it. Yes, it's an adjustment, but it's worth it. We both walked away from jobs up near NYC simply because we wanted a better life... and we've found it. I won't lie, there is a HUGE amount of stress and change (and money) involved, but we know this is the place we want to be.

    If you want a more relaxed, friendly, and warm way of life, then go for it... We gave up jobs, family, friends, everything for this move. It's been worth it.

    ReplyDelete