Friday, March 1, 2013

My absence

I'll have a much longer post about this at some point, but I just wanted to apologize for my lack of updates.

The day after my last post I found out that my father had a massive stroke. We immediately flew to NJ to be with him and my family. He passed away a few days later, and we remained up in NJ until after the services. We were there for nearly 2 weeks and, as you can imagine, I wasn't really in the mood for blogging.

I was very close to my dad, and it has been an incredibly difficult time. At some point I will dedicate a lengthy post to my feelings and memories, but I'm just not ready to write that right now. I'll be resuming posting as usual, but not because I'm callous or uncaring. I just need to get on with things, day by day. I will need to get a post out about all of this at some point, but not yet. Definitely not yet...

I will say this though: Always say "I love you." Cherish every day. And never go to bed angry. I try to live my life like this, and I am so thankful that I do. I miss my dad terribly, but I have no regrets. The last thing I said to him just the day before his stroke was, "I love you."

No comments:

Post a Comment