Saturday, February 7, 2015

9 Weeks

 
How far along: 9 weeks - EDD 09/09/15
 
How big is baby: The size of a green olive - We've reached a milestone! Baby is now a fetus! He or she is developing more distinct facial features, and has a heart beat strong enough to be picked up by a fetal doppler.
 
What are we having: We'll find out in April. I'm still thinking its a boy.
 
Symptoms this week: Oh, hello nausea, exhaustion, and gagging over everything. I don't think I've had the energy, or strong enough stomach, to cook dinner at all this week. I'm still fine in the mornings, but the nausea I've been having in the afternoon and evenings has been kicking my ass.
 
Weight gain/loss: Down 2 lbs, from my newly acquired afternoon hatred of food.
 
Food aversions/cravings: My aversions this week are pretty much everything. I've been surviving off of fruit cups, Cheerios, and plain pasta.
 
The baby belly: My lower abdomen is definitely firming up. I still look bloated, but from my navel down, I swear it's super hard.
 
Movement: Baby is moving now, but I have a long way to go before I can feel it.
 
What is freaking me out: Feeling like crap! I was doing so well, and this hit me like a ton of bricks. I'm hoping it doesn't last too long, because it sucks. I still haven't thrown up yet, but trust me, I'm on the verge.
 
What I'm totally loving: Heading into the final month of my first trimester. Time feels like it's dragging and flying at the same time. Second trimester feels like an eternity from now, but I know it's only about a month away... and that's what I keep telling myself each time I feel sick!
 
What I'm looking forward to: My 10 week ultrasound. This week baby actually looked baby-like, and I could see him/her bending and wiggling. It was incredibly cool, and I can't wait to see how much s/he has changed in another week. The amount of growth and changes in just 7 days blows my mind each week.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment