Saturday, February 28, 2015

12 Weeks

 
How far along: 12 weeks - EDD 09/10/15
 
How big is baby: The size of a plum - Baby is entering the growth and maturation stage, in which organs and tissues grow and develop rapidly. He or she is developing reflexes, and if poked, would likely move.
 
What are we having: We'll find out in April March, thanks to the Harmony test!
 
Symptoms this week: I feel great. No stomach issues, only occassional gagging from smells, and my energy is definitely coming back. I've learned that I can't overdo it though, otherwise I feel awful. I had a 3-day migraine the tail end of this week, but hopefully it's my last.
 
Weight gain/loss: Still at zero.
 
Food aversions/cravings: Not so much food, but a guaranteed smell that makes me gag is the fridge. It's not even the contents of the fridge, but that artificially cold refrigerant smell. So weird. I've definitely been craving more sweets, and have been indulging in donuts and cookies more than I care to admit.
 
The baby belly: The bump is now noticeable to others. I don't think a stranger would really pick up on it, since it's still small, but those who know me have definitely noticed that I'm rounding out.
 
Movement: I can't feel baby yet, but I know he or she is moving in there.
 
What is freaking me out: Still waiting on the results of our Harmony test. 12w6d begins the true 7-10 day possibility of results coming in. I'm anxious. I have no reason to believe that anything is wrong, but I'll feel better once I know for sure.
 
What I'm totally loving: Having graduated from my fertility center. While it's strange to know I won't see the baby again until week 20, it's nice not starting my Tuesday's with that internal ultrasound wand!
 
What I'm looking forward to: Harmony test results... Are you sensing a theme?
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment