Saturday, March 7, 2015

13 Weeks

 
How far along: 13 weeks - EDD 09/10/15
 
How big is baby: The size of a peach - Baby is forming vocal cords and teeth, and he or she even has fingerprints. The intestines are now moving from the umbilical cord to their more permanent place inside the abdomen.
 
What are we having: It's a... GIRL!!!
 
Symptoms this week: My headaches are lessening, which leads me to believe they were more allergy/weather related than anything else. I'm honestly feeling like myself again, and couldn't be more thankful!
 
Weight gain/loss: Still at my starting weight. I'm sure the weight will start adding up as I get further along. However, I am glad to have made it through the first trimester without blowing up like a balloon.
 
Food aversions/cravings: None! Sure, if I watch a food show on TV I'll want whatever they're making, but that's about it. Nothing has really put me in a "I need this NOW" mood.
 
The baby belly: It's here, and it's not going anywhere! It looks pretty much the same as it did last week, but the firmness I'd felt in the bottom part is slowly making its way higher as well. I feel like I'm going to carry high with how much my belly already sticks out higher up on my torso.
 
Movement: I can't feel baby yet, but maybe some flutters soon.
 
What is freaking me out: Nothing at the moment, and it's wonderful. Our Harmony tests results put baby in the lowest risk category for all tested conditions, so my mind is at ease with regards to that.
 
What I'm totally loving: That we're having a girl!! I would have bet a million dollars on us having a boy. I needed the nurse to repeat herself when she called with the test results. Between the surprise of a girl, and the relief of learning that she's genetically fine, it was unexpectedly overwhelming and I started happy-crying on the phone with the nurse. I'm hoping she's used to hormonal pregnant women, otherwise I'm sure she thinks I'm a loon.
 
What I'm looking forward to: Second trimester. I can't believe I'll be 1/3 of the way done with this pregnancy at the end of this week. I feel like it was just yesterday that we found out I was pregnant. Of course, looking at the other side of the coin, I still have 2/3 of the pregnancy left to go. It feels like forever, and no time at all, both at the same time.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment