Saturday, March 14, 2015

14 Weeks

 
How far along: 14 weeks - EDD 09/10/15
 
How big is baby: The size of a lemon - Baby is sucking her thumb and wiggling her toes. Her kidneys are functioning, along with her liver and spleen. She has also starting growing lanugo all over her body.
 
What are we having: A sweet baby girl
 
Symptoms this week: Headaches are gone, unless I don't get enough sleep or don't eat frequently enough. I think they're all somehow related to blood sugar levels. I've been having more pinching feelings in my belly, along with the round ligament pain I've been having from week 5ish. My belly has also been itching more, so I think she's having a growth spurt in there.
 
Weight gain/loss: Still at my starting weight, so if baby is gaining it, I'm losing it from somewhere else!
 
Food aversions/cravings: Mexican food (whomp whomp). It is really the only thing I have zero desire to eat. It makes J sad because he has an unhealthy addiction to Mexican food, and was really hoping it would be my pregnancy craving.
 
The baby belly: Oh Lord, did my belly pop this week! I am rounding out and the bump is so noticeable. It makes me worry that if I'm this size at just 14 weeks, what am I going to look like at 35 weeks?!
 
Movement: Even with baby growing in there, I still can't feel her yet. A couple of times I've felt what I can only describe as an "inside thump," but it has been so infrequent that I can't definitely say that it was her moving.
 
What is freaking me out: I've started buying baby things and now I have this irrational fear that I'll go for my 20 week U/S and have the dr tell me there was a test mixup and we're having a boy.
 
What I'm totally loving: Everything. It's second trimester! I feel fantastic. I even feel like a pretty pregnant lady most days, and not an exhausted shell of a human being with bags the size of suitcases under my eyes.
 
What I'm looking forward to: My next OB appointment is slowly creeping up on me, so I'm looking forward to hearing the heartbeat with the Doppler while I'm there. Hopefully we'll schedule my anatomy scan for the following month, since that will be my next (and last) ultrasound.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment