Thursday, March 26, 2015

16 Weeks

 
How far along: 16 weeks - EDD 09/10/15
 
How big is baby: The size of an avocado - Baby is listening to my voice, thanks to tiny bones forming in her ears. She is also growing hair, lashes, and eyebrows.
 
What are we having: A sweet baby girl
 
Symptoms this week: No more bronchitis! Yay! I'm still not 100%, but I've been able to get off the couch and stay away all day, so I'm counting it as a win.
 
Weight gain/loss: Back up to my starting weight since I gained back the two pounds I lost from when I was sick.
 
Food aversions/cravings: None! I'm starting to get some heartburn from certain foods now, but that's about it. I'm pretty sure I won't be able to eat Mexican food for the rest of the pregnancy. Even the basics, like cheese quesadillas, make me feel crappy afterwards.
 
The baby belly: Still there, and looking pretty much the same to me. I've filled out a bit at the top of my stomach, but the amount it sticks out has remained pretty constant.
 
Movement: I can feel you in there, baby girl! At least once per day, normally when I'm sitting still at work or just before bed, I can feel her kicking away. There have even been a few good thumps where I'm surprised by how hard it feels. I know it'll just get stronger, and I can't wait for J to be able to feel from the outside.
 
What is freaking me out: Nothing this week!
 
What I'm totally loving: Knowing that she's in there and growing. I had an OB appointment this week and got to hear her heartbeat with the Doppler. It was so fast and strong compared to the last time I heard it via ultrasound just one month prior.
 
What I'm looking forward to: Getting my anatomy scan set up. I won't have the ultrasound until 20 weeks, but it should be getting set up soon. It'll be the last time we'll get to see her until she's born, so J will be coming with me to the scan. I can't wait to see all of her little fingers and toes, and see how big she has grown in there.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment