Saturday, April 4, 2015

17 Weeks

 
How far along: 17 weeks - EDD 09/10/15
 
How big is baby: The size of an onion - Her rubbery cartilage is turning into bone, and she's putting on some fat. Her umbilical cord is also growing thicker and stronger.
 
What are we having: A sweet baby girl
 
Symptoms this week: I'm a bit sniffly from allergies and getting some headaches still, but I'm pretty sure that they're sinus-related more than pregnancy.
 
Weight gain/loss: Still, somehow, at my starting weight. I thought I had gained a pound, but it was apparently temporary.
 
Food aversions/cravings: I'm a big fan of salads. If I had to pick one specific item as a "craving" lately, it would be salad. Of course, that also probably explains why I haven't been packing on the pregnancy weight!
 
The baby belly: It is totally undeniable at this point! Even in clothes that previously made the bump a bit questionable to strangers, it's now definitely obvious that I'm pregnant. The bump has started migrating higher as well. I'm starting to get some definition lower down by my hips, where it was all just kind of sticking out before.
 
Movement: I'm feeling a little more movement everyday. Lemonade or orange juice can usually coax some kicks out of her, but it's still not consistent. I still have to be sitting or laying down and paying attention to feel her, but she has caught me off guard with a big kick or a roll while I've been walking around.
 
What is freaking me out: I'm honestly more laid back then I ever imagined I would be. Not much is really freaking me out, and I'm totally okay with that!
 
What I'm totally loving: I love being pregnant. Sure, I know I have a long way to go, but I've honestly enjoyed my pregnancy so far. I feel like I look better than I ever did pre-pregancy, even with with belly! I also feel great, so that plays a big part. I have moments where it doesn't even seem like I'm pregnant, unless I look down and see the bump.
 
What I'm looking forward to: Getting the nursery furniture! I painted the nursery last weekend, and we ordered the crib and glider today. The dresser will be ordered as soon as it's back in stock. I can't wait to get everything into her room and set up. Then I can really focus on decorating and organizing.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment