Saturday, April 18, 2015

19 Weeks

 
How far along: 19 weeks - EDD 09/10/15
 
How big is baby: The size of a mango - Her vernix is starting to develop, which will help protect her skin. Nerve cells for her sense of taste, hearing, sight, and smell are developing in her brain.
 
What are we having: A sweet baby girl
 
Symptoms this week: For some reason I've been getting super tired in the evenings. On the weekend, I even napped in the late afternoon. I don't know if it's just the stormy weather making me tired, but I'm hoping it's not my fatigue coming back.
 
Weight gain/loss: Up another pound for a total gain of 3 lbs.
 
Food aversions/cravings: Really no change on this front. When I do eat I find that I can either get full quickly, or consume large quantities, with no rhyme or reason to which will occur.
 
The baby belly: Baby girl, you are growing in there! However, I feel like you're growing out and not up. For a while it seemed like my bump was getting higher, and higher, but now it's in the same spot, but working on outward growth.
 
Movement: I actually SAW a kick! I was laying in bed before getting ready for work and I finally felt what I knew were good strong kicks (as opposed to the fluttery, bubbling feelings). I put my hand on my belly and there was no denying what it was. When I moved my hand, she kept going and I could actually see her kicking. It was incredibly cool and weird at the same time.
 
What is freaking me out: Still worried that our anatomy scan will show that she's a boy. This is totally irrational since we had the DNA test performed, but I'm going to make them triple check just to be sure.
 
What I'm totally loving: Feeling more movement. It has picked up rapidly, and I've noticed certain patterns to when she moves more than others... Certain times of day, after I've eaten certain things, etc.. I've still only felt those strong kicks the one time, but I'm sure that will be picking up in the coming weeks.
 
What I'm looking forward to: Her dresser finally came back in stock! After ordering it, then having the order cancelled due to a stocking error, we finally got a firm order on it and it's being shipped from the warehouse as I type this. Once that's in her room and in place I can finally decide if I want to paint any accents on the walls, and I can really start decorating.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment