Saturday, June 13, 2015

27 Weeks

 
How far along: 27 weeks - EDD 09/10/15
 
How big is baby: The size of a rutabaga - She's practicing inhaling and exhaling with her rapidly developing lungs. Her brain is officially showing activity, and will keep on getting more complex.
 
What are we having: A sweet baby girl
 
Symptoms this week: Holy heartburn. Citrus? Heartburn. Spice? Heartburn. Bread? Heartburn. I'm now fully stocked with a supply of Tums at all times.
 
Weight gain/loss: It looks like I'll be going into third trimester with 11 lbs gained. I seem to be putting on one full pound per week at this point, which would put me right on track for around 25 lbs of total gain by delivery.
 
Food aversions/cravings: Still fruits and veggies. I can't get enough! Cookies are definitely my go-to treat, though.
 
The baby belly: I feel round. I think the bump is starting to move up and out, since I'm losing some of the low roundness by my hips. I still have a waist, so that's a win (for now).
 
Movement: I felt a limb of some sort slide across my belly this week. It's the first time I've felt that. There are tons of bumps and thumps, some of which are strong enough to hurt, but that was the first type of that gliding movement I've felt.
 
What is freaking me out: Umm, third trimester is well underway starting next week! Where is the time going?! My OB appointments have now been increased to every two weeks, I took my gestational diabetes test, and I need to start working on my birth plan and hospital packing list.
 
What I'm totally loving: I feel officially pregnant at this point. It sounds ridiculous, since I've been visibly pregnant for months, but it's really starting to hit home that I'm a big pregnant woman who is going to have a baby soon.
 
What I'm looking forward to: Finding out the results of my gestational diabetes test. The drink wasn't nearly as bad as I thought, and I have no reason to think that I have it, but I'll just feel better with the confirmation that everything is okay.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment