Saturday, June 6, 2015

26 Weeks

 
How far along: 26 weeks - EDD 09/10/15
 
How big is baby: The size of a head of lettuce - Her eyes are forming and will soon start to open. She's prepping her immune system by soaking up antibodies, and she is taking breaths of amniotic fluid.
 
What are we having: A sweet baby girl
 
Symptoms this week: I hate to say it... I really, really, really hate to say it... I'm tired. I'm sleeping fine, not doing as much, but I'm starting to get that "I need a nap" feeling in the afternoon. I can push through, since I obviously don't have a choice at work, but weekends are begging me for nap time.
 
Weight gain/loss: Officially in the weight gain double digits... Up to 10 total pounds gained this week.
 
Food aversions/cravings: Fruit. Give me all of the fruit, especially melon. I devoured a massive fruit salad this week, and am fully stocked to make another one. Between the fruit and my daily salads, I almost wonder if I'm giving birth to a herbivore. It's actually amusing since J is a total carnivore, and won't touch most veggies.
 
The baby belly: I took the bump out for her first public appearance in a bikini this week. It was quite successful. I still (knock on wood) don't have any stretch marks, discoloration, or awkward hair growth, so I was pretty confident about showing it off. We'll see if that keeps up all summer, or if I go out and buy a one piece at some point.
 
Movement: I was finally able to catch some kicks (punches?) on video this week. Most movement is still pretty low, but depending on her, and my, position it can be really easy to see my belly jumping around. Nothing is defined enough yet where I can say, "Oh that's a foot," but if I press around I can usually find what I'm assuming is her head.
 
What is freaking me out: Third trimester is coming up so quickly! I'm very nervous about losing my energy, starting to be more achey, and not feeling as great as I have been so far. There's no guarantee that I'm going to start feeling like crap, but I get anxious every time I feel like I need a nap.
 
What I'm totally loving: We had our hospital tour and I didn't totally freak out, so that's good. The reality definitely hit home that she needs to come out of me though. In just three short months we're going to meet our baby girl!
 
What I'm looking forward to: Getting the nursery, and the rest of the upstairs, finished and all put together. All of the big projects are done, but there is still a good amount of decluttering and cleaning that need to be done... Preferably before my mom gets here for her visit.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment