Saturday, June 20, 2015

28 Weeks

 
How far along: 28 weeks - EDD 09/10/15
 
How big is baby: The size of an eggplant - She is starting to develop more fat, so her wrinkly skin will begin to get smoother. Her lungs are mature enough to strongly increase her chance of survival if born now.
 
What are we having: A sweet baby girl
 
Symptoms this week: Still heartburn, nothing new here. My fatigue from a couple of weeks ago passed, but I definitely get tired easily. It's not a "I need sleep" type of tired though, but more of a "my body needs a break" tired.
 
Weight gain/loss: Up another pound for a 12 pound total gain.
 
Food aversions/cravings: I still spend most days eating salads, fruit, and cookies. I don't know if it's because I'm craving those things, or if it's because it's what I've been eating since pretty much day one of this pregnancy.
 
The baby belly: My belly button is getting weird. I have a big red spot at the top that sticks out, which is most likely due to the scar tissue from my old navel piercing. The rest isn't so much popping out, as it is flattening itself out. Definitely a huge change from my normal, super-deep navel.
 
Movement: Baby girl is active, but on a schedule. She won't start moving in the mornings until the alarm goes off (which I find odd), then she's quiet most of the day, then active again right before bed. If she moves during the night, it has yet to be enough to wake me up.
 
What is freaking me out: I feel like time is flying! By the time my shower gets here I'll be 29 weeks, turning 30 weeks a few days afterwards. This pregnancy has gone so incredibly fast, and I feel like she's going to get here in September and I'm not going to be ready mentally.
 
What I'm totally loving: Still being able to paint my toes! It's a stupidly small victory, but I can still do it! haha
 
What I'm looking forward to: My mom is coming to visit and my baby shower is next week! I feel like we've been planning this for so long, but now that it's here, it feels like time flew by.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment