Saturday, May 30, 2015

25 Weeks

 
How far along: 25 weeks - EDD 09/10/15
 
How big is baby: The size of a cauliflower - She now has a sense of equilibrium and knows which way is up and which way is down. Her fat and hair growth are increasing as well.
 
What are we having: A sweet baby girl
 
Symptoms this week: I know I mentioned heartburn the past two weeks, but this week is definitely the worst. I ate a piece of coffee cake and got heartburn. How is that even possible?! The good news is that my back pain cleared up and I'm sleeping through the night again. Yay! I'm going to start being much more careful about what I do because that pain was miserable.
 
Weight gain/loss: Total gain of 9 pounds! My increase has slowed to just shy of one pound per week, I'm probably slightly over the 9 pounds, but not quite at 10 yet.
 
Food aversions/cravings: No more acidic foods. I made the mistake of getting a lemonade from Panera and it felt like I was drinking fire. I'm so sad. I love citrus! I've been craving melon lately, so hopefully that doesn't trigger any reflux.
 
The baby belly: Some days it feels like it's not even there, and others feel like my muscles are going to rip in half. I'm assuming the muscle ripping days are "growth spurt" days for baby girl. It's not terrible, but it's definitely noticeable.
 
Movement: She keeps getting bigger and stronger, and she really likes letting me know. I still have no idea what is what in terms of body parts, but she is moving all sorts of things in there.
 
What is freaking me out: I keep worrying that I'm going to fail my glucose test. I have no idea why, and no reason to think it will happen. I think I just don't want to have to do the three hour test so badly, that I'm worrying more about failing than I should.
 
What I'm totally loving: Even aches and pains aside, I'm still feeling great 90% of the time. I'm extremely thankful for that, and sincerely hope that the tide doesn't change when third trimester gets here.
 
What I'm looking forward to: We have our maternity tour scheduled at the hospital for next week. It's nothing that I'm super excited about, but I'm looking forward to seeing what I'm in for and where I'm going to be. I don't like the thought of going in blind once I'm in labor, so it'll ease some anxiety on that front.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment