Saturday, May 2, 2015

21 Weeks

 
How far along: 21 weeks - EDD 09/10/15
 
How big is baby: The size of a pomegranate - She already has her lifetime supply of eggs in her womb... About 6 million of them. Her digestive system is also developing and producing meconium.
 
What are we having: A sweet baby girl
 
Symptoms this week: I feel big this week. I know I haven't gained a lot of weight, but I feel like I occupy more space... not sure if that makes sense.
 
Weight gain/loss: Up 1 more pound for a grand total of 6 pounds gained.
 
Food aversions/cravings: I still have a salad for lunch everyday, but I haven't had many cravings. I'll have certain things I don't feel like eating on a specific day, but it comes and goes.
 
The baby belly: I feel large. I still have a defined waist, and you can't even tell that I'm pregnant from the back (or even the front if I wear a black shirt). Jeremy thinks it's a great optical illusion.
 
Movement: Thanks to our anatomy scan, I know that it's very big head that keeps hitting me in the bladder. I feel her moving constantly, but only on my right side. As it turns out, she's upside down and entirely along the right side of my body. I wonder if she'll move, or if ill wind up with a lopsided tummy as she grows.
 
What is freaking me out: Nothing! She was deemed "perfect" at our anatomy scan, and weighs almost a pound already! Her heart, brain, organs, and other systems were all great.
 
What I'm totally loving: Knowing that she is without a doubt a perfectly healthy baby girl.
 
What I'm looking forward to: Getting the show on the road with her nursery. We have a few more big things left to (like relocate her dresser upstairs and get it out of our living room!), then it's just little projects from here on out.
 
During our anatomy scan they turned on the 3D/4D and we were able to get a partial shot of her face. She was being entirely uncooperative, and clearly just wanted to be left alone!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment