Saturday, January 10, 2015

5 Weeks

 
How far along: 5 weeks - EDD 09/10/15
 
How big is baby: The size of an appleseed - Baby is already starting to form major organs (heart, stomach, liver, kidney) and systems (digestive, circulatory, nervous). He or she is now measurable, even though it's a mere 0.13". Baby is also gearing up for more growth, and will almost double in size in the next week.
 
What are we having: We'll find out in April.
 
Symptoms this week: Still nothing worth complaining about. The cramps and bloating have increased enough to be uncomfortable every now and then, but I know it's nothing compared to what I'm in for down the road. No nausea yet, and I'm so thankful for that!
 
Weight gain/loss: All zeros for now.
 
Food aversions/cravings: No aversions, but I've found I have little desire for sweets. Give me all of the salty, sour, and savory things though! I'm still trying to keep up with eating smaller portions throughout the day, so that makes me feel like I'm always hungry, but I'll take hunger over nausea any day.
 
The baby belly: All bloat, not baby.
 
Movement: Have a long way to go.
 
What is freaking me out: How excited I am. I know it's still so early, and I keep trying to not get ahead of myself, but it's so hard to not think about the future. I pride myself in being a realist and not having my head in the clouds. I know there are a million things that can go wrong right now, and I should just take it day by day, but... Pinterest!
 
What I'm totally loving: Watching my beta numbers go up. My last test had my HCG at 2,236, which is a doubling time of about 40 hours (average doubling rate is 48-72). My progesterone also increased a lot, thanks to the supplements my doctor has me on. All of the increases mean that baby is growing at a normal rate.
 
What I'm looking forward to: Hearing the heartbeat during week 6. We got to see the baby this week at 5w5d. Definitely too early to see that little heartbeat flickering, but the amniotic sac, yolk sac, and fetal pole were all present and accounted for. J has been referring to the baby as Blob, since that's really all that you can see on the ultrasound.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment