Saturday, January 17, 2015

6 Weeks

 
How far along: 6 weeks - EDD 09/10/15
 
How big is baby: The size of a sweet pea - Baby is growing like crazy, and is starting to sprout a nose, eyes, ears, a chin, and cheeks. Baby is also circulating blood with his or her increasingly more sophisticated circulatory system.
 
What are we having: We'll find out in April.
 
Symptoms this week: I hate to jinx it, but I'm still feeling good. The tiredness and hunger keep increasing, and the pinching/pulling cramps are stronger (especially if I move or stand too quickly), but those are my most pronounced symptoms. I've noticed things are starting to smell and taste different, but it's not enough to trigger any nausea or food aversions... Yet.
 
Weight gain/loss: All zeros for now.
 
Food aversions/cravings: I still want nothing to do with sweets. I'm eating a lot of carbs and fruits, and I'm still sticking with my plan to eat small, frequent meals. I learned that if I eat too late in the morning I get dizzy, and if I eat too much I feel nauseated. It's a delicate balance.
 
The baby belly: All bloat, not baby.
 
Movement: Have a long way to go.
 
What is freaking me out: Everyone who keeps asking me how I'm feeling, and the when I say "Great!" they respond with, "Just wait, the nausea and vomiting are going to hit you out of nowhere like a ton of bricks." Can't I just feel great? Now every time my stomach so much as gurgles, I have a panic attack while thinking, "This is it. I'm going to start throwing up and never be able to stop." I've even stocked up on ginger ale, ginger tea, ginger snaps, and Sea Bands because I'm now terrified of this potential onslaught of morning sickness.
 
What I'm totally loving: Knowing that baby has a heartbeat! We went for an ultrasound at 6w5d and got to see that little heart just flickering away. It was beating at 125bpm, and should increase from there.
 
What I'm looking forward to: Another ultrasound next week at 7w5d. I know there isn't much to see right now, but being able to actually see the development week by week is amazing. I know once I'm released to an OB the ultrasounds will be much fewer and far between, but I'll just enjoy my fertility center's protocol while I can.
 
 
Baby's heartbeat is shown along the bottom.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment