Saturday, January 24, 2015

7 Weeks

 
How far along: 7 weeks - EDD bumped to 09/12/15
 
How big is baby: The size of a blueberry - Baby is keeping busy by generating about one hundred new brain cells each minute. His or her heart is becoming more complex, the kidneys are developing, and arm and leg joints are also forming.
 
What are we having: We'll find out in April.
 
Symptoms this week: I have random spells of intense nausea in the afternoon and evening, but it's very hit or miss (thankfully). Some afternoons I feel fantastic, and some I just want to sleep. I definitely feel the best (energy, lack of nausea, no dizziness) in the morning and early afternoon, but by around 3 I seem to crash.
 
Weight gain/loss: All zeros for now.
 
Food aversions/cravings: Ice cream is the one sweet food that totally agrees with me. Other than that, I'm still missing my sweet tooth. Cheese is a huge craving for me right now, but it has to be in the form of mac and cheese, pizza, queso dip, etc. Totally healthy, I know. It's a miracle that I haven't even gained a pound yet.
 
The baby belly: All bloat, not baby.
 
Movement: Have a long way to go.
 
What is freaking me out: Getting another migraine. I had one last week that lasted for 3 hellish days, and totally ruined my weekend. I can't take my usual migraine medication since its a triptan drug, so I have to just suffer through them. Extra strength Tylenol and some caffeine took a tiny bit of the edge off, but it was still basically hell. Fingers crossed that I don't get another one until after this baby is born.
 
What I'm totally loving: Still feeling great. Sure, my bedtime is slowly getting earlier and earlier, and I randomly gag over smells and food, but I know it could be so much worse! I'm praying I keep going at this pace.
 
What I'm looking forward to: February starting! I hit 8 weeks on Jan 31st, and February will encompass the final weeks of my first trimester. That means I'll be in the "safe zone," we can announce to everyone, and I'll graduate from my fertility clinic. I even have my first OB appointment at the end of the month. Until then, I'm still going for weekly ultrasounds and taking it easy.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment